Monday 13 December 2021

Space year 2022

It's been a rough couple of years for many of us. 

Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoyed 2020/21, the lockdown was a nice excuse to take a step back. The roads were quiet, nature started creeping back into the urban environment, I had a fantastic excuse for not doing things, I spent more time enjoying long walks on the beach with my wife and I had more time to read books. Life was good. A lot of my work involves attending conventions, doing talks, so that all stopped, and so did the money, but I did a bit of design work, wrote articles, polished other people's scripts and worked on a novel, I was busy. I did miss seeing my oldest daughter and her family in London, and I kind of missed guesting at comic conventions, but just about everything else I was OK with. I appreciate many others struggled much more with the isolation, and I feel for you.

Thank you to all the people who invited me to comic conventions, literary conventions, performances and talks over the last 2 years. Many of which were cancelled, none of which I went to. I'm still on the fence about 2022, but a little more optimistic. I might just do a couple of the larger comic conventions, but who knows where we'll be in 6 months?

I've opened a KOFI page if you're feeling like buying an impoverished writer a coffee, or you can buy something from my Redbubble store. Or not. There's no obligation. Just the guilt of ignoring this and knowing how very sad it makes me...

My emails are open for writing/comic/poetry work, contact box on the right. If it's got robots in it, I'll be extra interested.

Here's a drawing of Mr T. During a global pandemic, his catchphrase "I ain't getting on no plane" has never been more sensible.



2022, I'm sure, is going to a non-stop big fun happy party, but just in case it isn't, take care of yourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment