Wednesday 3 May 2023

What's Russell up to? He never posts on blogger....

A couple of people have asked what I'm up to lately, and why I never update my blog. It's a fair cop. I'm often working on things I can't share, but I really don't post on here enough, so here's an update on things I'm up to lately-

You can see some of my recent commissions on Comic Art Fans. I'm now several years into doing the cover dress on Aidan Lacy's Infinite Timelines series, very possibly the longest running commission series in existence and well worth looking at if you're a fan of comic art, especially if you're a Legion of Superheroes fan. The tremendous Trevor Von Eeden recently posted a couple of pieces I coloured for him and they're now on CAF too. 

Russell Payne on Comic Art Fans (CAF)

I'm ghostwriting an autobiography, writing articles, doing poetry commissions, and still working on the novel I started with John Watson. John actually finished his, read about it here. I'm also writing and drawing a 12 page story for an anthology about gangsters. Probably out next year, more on that when it's out.

I'm a guest at the London Film and Comiccon (LFCC) in a few months (7th-9th July 2023) representing the Jack Kirby Museum. My only convention this year again, so far. I might consider doing a few more next year.

I did the art and lettering on a short "Stranger Things" spoof strip to be included in Oink tribute "Animal Firm". No idea when that's out, but here's a couple of panels.....

Weird Thingies


I'm doing other things too, but I can't talk about them. That makes them sound MUCH more interesting than they actually are.

In personal news, my lovely oldest daughter had another son 6 months ago, so I'm grandad to 2 boys now. I had a tendon operation on my right hand that's greatly improved my ability to move my right hand, so I'm now considering learning how to draw properly.

Other than here, the only social media I'm on is Twitter, but I don't post that often there either. Honestly, the best way to contact me is to get my attention by sending me a large sum of money. Nearly always works. Have a lovely day!


No comments:

Post a Comment